Presently, I'm sitting on a train, on my way to NYC. It's a quick 104 minutes into Grand Central, and costs just 28 bucks for a round trip ticket. I'll probably take a nap after writing this, so it's definitely time and money well spent. This will be one of my quickest stays in NYC. I had to work today (Saturday) so I'm already off to a late start. I had to drive from Providence to New Haven (another delay...) But I'm also catching an early train back tomorrow. Simply put, I'm busy. Too busy to spent even 24hrs in Manhattan. Tomorrow, instead of hanging out with friends and family, I'm returning home to CT to complete my packing. Because... I finally sold my condo! Well, I haven't closed yet. And honestly, the paperwork hasn't even started. But, I have an offer that I'm going to accept, cause I just need to move on and get rid of this monthly payment. I'm excited, kind of, but the offer is well below what I wanted. I'm still making money on it, but not the big fat check I could (should) have made just 6 months ago. So again, I'm heading home to pack, tomorrow, and I don't even have any paperwork yet... You see, over the next two weeks, I'm traveling. (Ah, now he gets to the title...) I leave for a very exciting Bachelor party next Thursday. Id I mention that I'm going to Vegas? Oh yeah, I'm spending 4 nights in Vegas. I then fly directly to San Francisco for a Medical Conference. This trip happens to be work related. I spend an entire WEEK in San Fran, enjoying some warmer weather, eating some great food, and (oh yeah) doing some work stuff. I return home two weeks from now, and can promise that I'll a lot of catch-up to do at work. So why the hurry with the packing? The closing date has been requested to be May 29th. Two days after my birthday, and 2 days before another mortgage bill is due. All of that sounds like a good b-day present to me, so I'll be heading early tomorrow, completing my packing, and finally moving on with my life. For once, I think I'll be happy to not be traveling... Stay home, stay dry, have fun.
BEN

No comments:
Post a Comment