A very big sorry to all those who have been reading my blog religiously. It's been a VERY busy 2008, and I'm just finding time to sit down and write. So, where to begin...
Heart Stuff - Had my 9 month check-up, and passed with flying colors. What are flying colors? Let me put this in perspective for you. My resting heartrate is somewhere around 40bpm, maybe it was down to 36 or 38 previously, but now my low limit (due to the pacer) is 40. Not too shabby. But my max heartrate, a very good indicator of one's fitness and ability to pump blood through the working body, was measured at 208bpm. Yup, 208, that's over 3 beats per second! My heart is working just fine...
Work Stuff - It's done. My 1 year long search for a new employer is finally done, and I can go back to enjoying some free time at night, and not having the answer the phone to talk to some stupid headhunter again. I sent out over 75 resumes, interviewed with over 50 companies, traveled to no less than 5 different states, and in the end came out with one job that I am totally excited about! Patience and persistance pays off again, and I begin my new journey with a new career this monday, February 25th. Bon voyage Proton, it was a great 6 years.
Moving Stuff - My new job is in Mansfield MA, 5 minutes south of Foxborough and the Patriots, 20 minutes outside of Providence. I'm presently in the process of purging my closets, packing what's left, and preparing for a big move to Providence, RI. I'll be selling my BEAUTIFUL condo (let's all shed a collective tear) and taking off for parts unknown. Temporarily, I'll be living with a roommate on the East Side of Providence (the Brown U area) but will be looking for a place on my own when the lease is up in May. Couldn't be happier, couldn't be more excited to finally get the hell out of CT.
Robot Stuff - Many of you know about my volunteer work with the local robotics team. Most of you know that I disappear for about 6 weeks come January and February. We shipped our finished robot this past week, and will be celebrating our 10th year as a FIRST robotics team. We compete in Hartford and Atlanta this year, and are looking to bring home some more hardware. This marks my final year in FIRST robotics, as I need to find something more productive (more lucrative maybe?) in my life. Those 6 weeks have been a constant burden on me, and have left me tired, out of shape, and in desperate need some rest. I can't keep doing this to myself anymore. I know that the team relied on me, and I know that I'm leaving behind a few talented and hard working kids. But, it's time to find a new hobby, and time to learn some new talents.
This little posting sounds like a big "goodbye" letter. But I can't possibly say goodbye to all my friends in this little box. I know that I've said goodbye to some co-workers. I've said goodbye to some robotics folks. I've even made some people cry with my departure. But I'll be just a few short hours away, and cell phones and email make it seem as though I'm always around. I welcome everyone to come visit me in Providence (once I get my own place.) The weather is great, the neighborhoods are fantastic, and I'll let you know how the people are. I'm just very happy for once in a long time, and I hope to see many of you soon.
Yours in parting,
BEN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment