I don't usually post while at work, but this morning has just emphasized my need to write this as soon as possible. It seems as though everything that I've come across today has made me think, "God, that's stupid." The software I'm using, the decisions that are made here, the amount of money some people get paid... It's all STUPID.
For example, while using Adobe Acrobat (otherwise a very fine product) I realized that what was shown on the screen wasn't actually printing. I had to click on some foreign printer setting in order for the mark-ups to show. To put this in non-technical sense for you... it's like looking at a picture, and printing the picture, but instead of getting your smiling face, it's an image of a monkey. Apparently, Adobe is the only piece of software that requires this funky setting. To me, that's STUPID.
Another example... The company I presently work for is very close to going down the toilet. It's frustrating to be here, when most people are leaving, being laid off, or just sitting around twittling their thumbs waiting for something big to happen. Our CEO left, or got ousted, I have no idea, so we brought in some uber-CEO who is supposed to lead this company into the glorious black side of the revenue chart. What does this poor, cash starved company give him for salary, only $4,000 a DAY! To me, that's STUPID.
My list could continue with many others, but I don't want to insult any specific people. Just remember that it's Friday, I'm looking forward to a very fun, very busy, and very exciting weekend. Don't be stupid, have fun.
BEN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment